Location : Canberra
Clearance Must be able to obtain Baseline
Expiry Date 2023-09-12
Applications closing on: Tuesday, 12 September 2023
Title: Java Developer
Duration: 12 + 12 + 12 months
Job Type: Contract
Clearance: Able to obtain Baseline clearance
Preference will be given to ACT based workers that can attend the office several days a week.
Client is seeking 2 skilled Senior Java Developers to assist with Java development tasks for the maintenance and evolution of Centre life-critical system.
This role is to maintain and enhance the system backend including JEE, Tomcat and Spring applications.
- Develop enterprise-grade software using Java and RDB technologies
- Design, create and manage solutions on AWS Cloud
- Design data models, translate to physical data models and implement using a database
- Implement CRUD operations on the database using Java Object-Relational Mapping frameworks
- Produce and maintain detailed design artifacts & technical specifications
- Create and work with RESTful OpenAPI specifications, SOAP WSDLs, XML Schemas
- Develop and maintain DevOps workflows using Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Maven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in analysis, design, planning, support, documentation, and presentation contexts.
- Ability to work autonomously, especially to ask questions, engage with business and gather requirements
- At least 8 years Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, Hibernate ORM, JEE an advantage, data structures, concurrency.
- Technical skills
- Broad experience with internal and external data integrations, e.g., SOAP and REST APIs, OpenAPI/XSD Schemas, XML/JSON, JMS
- AWS development (EC2, Lambdas, API Gateway, Beanstalk, S3, SQS, CloudFormation). Unix/Linux, Bash
- Maven, Artifact Repositories, Continuous Integration, Unit and System Integration testing.
- Major database experience, including data modelling, stored procedures. Oracle preferred.
- Willingness to be 24×7 on-call. Historically calls escalated to the dev team between 10pm and 6am are rare, one per year.
- Reactive programming.
- Work as a member of an integrated Agile team comprising technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong commitment to software engineering processes and a proven ability to develop robust and maintainable software given complex requirements.