Location : Canberra
Clearance Must be able to obtain Baseline
Expiry Date 2023-10-30
Applications closing on: Monday, 30th October 2023
Title: Master Scheduler
Duration: 8+12+12+12 months
Job Type: Contract
Clearance: must be able to obtain Baseline Clearance
Working arrangements: Onsite
The Master Scheduler will be responsible for the development, preparation and maintenance of high-quality documentation, such as the program schedule.
The Master Scheduler will be also expected to have an understanding of the report- development life cycle, articulating data visualisation techniques with report-owners and be able to work with limited supervision.
The Master Scheduler will:
- Be responsible for leading the development, preparation and maintenance of the program schedule.
- Support and oversee schedules, plans, task coordination, dependencies, and timeline/critical path monitoring including scheduling of program activities in consultation with stakeholders across the Indigo Program.
- Work with stakeholders across the Indigo Program to maintain, monitor and provide analysis and reporting on the master program schedule.
- Produce high-quality documentation to inform status reports for the Indigo Program Executives and steering committee.
- Have a strong attention to detail and experience in managing quality assurance (writing, editing, proof reading) correspondence, briefs, presentations and reports.
- Conduct evaluation of program activity progress, identifying risks and developing and facilitating intervention procedures where required.
- Support detailed program reporting activities.
- Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting functional responsibilities.
- Supporting the strategic uplift of program scheduling and support the continuous improvement of reporting artefacts to meet the needs of the program’s stakeholders.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing a schedule in a large-scale program.
- Experience working in program and projects, preferably using SAFe Agile methodology.
- Well-developed communication skills, and high-level documentation skills, including the ability to prepare documents for executives and steering committees.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documents within agreed timeframe.
- Advanced skills in project scheduling software such as Microsoft Project.
- Proficiency using DevOps.
- Demonstrated experience in developing corporate/strategic reports for senior executives and steering committees.
- Experience effectively managing competing priorities and strategic directions, with an ability to remain calm under pressure and respond flexibly to change and uncertainty.
- Proven ability to make sensitive and complex decisions using professional judgement within legislative parameters and delegated authority.
- Analysis and investigative skills, gathering information from a variety of sources, exploring new ideas, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and identifying any critical gaps.