ICT Project Manager
Location : Canberra
Clearance Must be able to obtain Police Check
Expiry Date 2023-09-20
ICT Project Manager
Duration: 12 + 12 + 12 months
Job Type: Contract
Clearance: able to obtain Police Check
Office and the project teams, including this role are mostly CANBERRA based. Australian interstate or regional candidates may be considered but should factor in the requirement to attend on site as required/directed at their own cost. Client will consider hybrid work arrangements i.e. work from home (WFH), however this may be periodically reviewed based on performance. Instances where WFH is found to be ineffective may result in change to WFH arrangements or other actions as appropriate.
The client is seeking an experienced Project Manager to support Enterprise Digital Capabilities project and the Integration Platform project, as well as working with the CIO and IT Managers providing project management support on adhoc IT projects.
Reporting to the Director – IT Projects, CIO and project boards, these roles will be responsible for implementation of COTS and bespoke applications. The Project Manager will work with other IT resources including business analysts, solution architects, solution designers, testers, developers and other resources as required.
The duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Scoping, planning, implementing and reporting on assigned projects to agreed standards and tolerances
- Tasking/managing project resources and coordinating with business SME’s, service providers and stakeholders to meet project outcomes
- Development of project management documentation, including business cases, project plans, project reports, transition plans, schedules, registers, closure reports and post implementation reviews
- Management of project risks, escalation and resolution of issues
- Working with stakeholders supporting project procurement activities – workshops, reviews, creation of documentation, including RFQs/Tenders, evaluation reports
- Establishment and maintenance of working relationships with stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Guiding project related change including providing clear, consistent communication with active engagement
- Contribution to continuous project management improvement activities across IT
- 1. 1. Experience – mandatory for all submissions: The candidate MUST have minimum 5 years delivering Project Management services for government programs and/or projects (federal only) The candidate MUST have project management certification/s (relevant industry standards) The candidate MUST have highly developed communication and stakeholder engagement skills The candidate MUST have the ability to tailor/scale project management methodologies, governance and delivery approach to the needs and outcomes of the project, stakeholders and users The candidate MUST have demonstrated experience in problem solving, critical/objective thinking and influencing change Desirable criteria
- 1. 1. Experience – depending on the project allocation: The candidate SHOULD have experience aligning outcomes, schedules and deliverables to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) The candidate SHOULD have experience preparing and management/supporting of IT procurement activities for on-premise, cloud or hybrid solutions The candidate SHOULD have experience delivering solutions supporting legislative changes The candidate SHOULD have experience delivering change for vessel safety (road, air, maritime) or other applicable regulatory functions The candidate SHOULD have experience delivering/supporting IT changes for office relocations