Location : Canberra
Clearance Can obtain NV1
Expiry Date 2023-12-11
Applications closing on: Monday 11th December 2023
Title: Systems Analyst
Duration: 12 + 12 months
Clearance: Can obtain NV1
Candidates will be required to work on-site at Canberra
The Systems Analyst in the Enterprise Integration Team collaborates with business stakeholders and technical teams to gather, analyse, and translate integration requirements into effective solutions. Responsibilities include systems analysis, solution design, overseeing implementation, testing, documentation, issue resolution, and fostering continuous improvement. This pivotal position bridges the gap between business needs and technical execution, ensuring seamless connectivity of on-premises and cloud-based enterprise applications using Microsoft Azure tools, ultimately enhancing operational efficiency and innovation within our organisation.
About our requirements
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and team members to gather and document integration requirements, ensuring a deep understanding of business processes and objectives.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of existing systems, data structures, and workflows to identify integration opportunities, inefficiencies, and potential improvements.
- Develop detailed system design specifications and architectural diagrams for integration solutions, aligning them with business needs and technical constraints.
- Work closely with developers to oversee the implementation of integration solutions, ensuring they meet design specifications and adhere to best practices.
- Plan and execute testing strategies, including integration testing, data validation, and performance testing, to ensure the reliability and accuracy of integrations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve integration-related issues, collaborating with the technical team to implement effective solutions and minimise disruptions.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of integration solutions, including technical specifications, and operational procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, automation, and optimisation within the integration environment, promoting efficiency and reliability.
- Engage with cross-functional teams, including developers, data engineers, and business analysts, to ensure integrations align with business goals and objectives.
About the Project:
The Enterprise Integration Team is responsible for designing, building, and supporting integrations between on-premises and cloud-based enterprise applications, utilising Microsoft Azure tools such as Azure APIM, Azure Service Bus and Azure Data Factory. The team provides ongoing support, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, while also collaborating with other software development teams to design and build APIs and data pipelines supporting multiple modernisation projects. Additionally, the team works with Master Data Management (MDM) and Identity and Access Management (IDAM) to ensure data integrity and security, streamlining data flow and enhancing productivity across the agency.
- Proven experience as a Systems Analyst, preferably in an enterprise integration or data-focused role.
- Proficiency in data analysis and data modelling concepts.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Effective communication skills for collaborating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Dot points referring to desirable selection criteria
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure tools and services.
- Knowledge of integration patterns and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and web services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
Work, Health and Safety
Applicants will be required to comply with the AEC’s WHS policies and standards.